Galaxy Note 8.0 features a 8 inch LCD capacitive display, 2GB RAM, Exynos CPU and expandable 16GB storage.
Set Lock Screen Pattern Invisible:
1. Open "Settings"
2. Go to "Lock Screen"
3. Find "Make Pattern Visible"
4. Marking or Unmarking this option, change the visibility status of lock pattern
Set Voice Commands:
1. Open "Settings" App
2. Go to "Lock Screen" menu and make sure the screen type is Swipe
3. Tap "Lock Screen options"
4. Scroll down and enable "Wake up in lock screen"
5. Tap "Set wake-up commands
6. You can set up to 5 voice commands
7. Tap one of the Wake up commands
8. Choose the action from the opened list: Unlock, Check for missed calls, check for missed messages, open camera, check schedule, play music
Note: you can assign only one voice command to each function.
9. Now, tap the mic button and the say your commands, you would like to use
10. Repeat the commands 4 times and after that tap Done
11. And from now you can use this voice command on your tablet.
Set Shortcuts on Lock Screen:
1. Open "Settings" app and go to "Lock Screen"
2. Make sure Screen Lock is set to "Swipe"
3. Tap "Lock Screen Options"
4. Tap "Shortcuts" and make sure it is enabled
5. Tap each app shortcut, and then from the opened list (List of installed apps), assign the new application
6. You can also delete or change orders, by dragging and dropping existing shortcuts
Enable Ink Effect:
1. Open "Settings" App
2. Go to "Lock Screen" and tap "Lock Screen Options"
3. Tap "Ink Effect"
4. Choose "None" to disable ink effect on Galaxy Note 8
Choose from colors, to enable ink effect on Galaxy Note 8 and change ink colors
Open Quick Command:
1. Drag down to the notification
2. There you should see "Recommended Shortcuts"
3. Tap the last icon (from left)
Note: there is a shortcut to open Quick Commands, first Swipe Up with your stylus, while holding the S Pen button (The buttons is located on the side of the S Pen)
Now you can write a command followed by a keyword
Toggle with Commands:
1. Drag down notification panel and tap "Quick Command" Or Swipe up S Pen, while holding S Pen button.
2. On the top right, tap the "Gear" button
3. Tap "Plus" icon on top right, to add a quick commands
4. Tap "Select functions / Settings"
5. Choose one or multiple system settings, and hit "Done"
6. Choose whether you would like to turn each of them off or on. Hit "Done"
7. Create your own pen gestures by combining different symbols, characters, or words.
8. After hitting Done, you need to save the setting in to a new profile
9. Now you just need to write or draw the gesture to load that specific profile
10. You may need to accept the "Change device profile" message.
Open Apps with commands:
1. Open Quick Commands (See above steps)
2. Tap the Gear icon on the top right
3. To add a quick commands, tap "Plus" icon on top right
4. Tap "Select an application"
5. Now you see the entire list of installed apps. Tap an application
6. Create your own pen gestures by combining different symbols, characters, or words
7. Tap "Done" to create the command